Time to fly again!

 Here is a layout I have created for Retro TV Shows Competition at Mystical Scrapbooks

The challenge was to be inspired by the TV show "Bewitched" - twitch or wiggle your nose now!
This is an 8 week competition that is points based with 1 challenge per week.  Bonus points if you use items from a embellishment pack that needed to be purchased, and I did - the stars. 
Now I had a very big challenge - I do not do Halloween nor do I do witches/witchcraft, fantasy etc, therefore no papers on those themes, so I found an old piece of Stampin' Up! paper in my stash.  A little bit of research assured me that "teal" was appropriate Halloween colour.   The witch and broom was a free clip file that I printed out - okay it suited the title of my layout.  The black cat and the small quote were from a Close to my Heart stamp set You're the GOAT (Greatest of All Time).  My journaling is on the tag behind top left photo.
On 19th April, I flew to Sunshine Coast in Queensland to meet my sister (who had been in Queensland on her holiday since the beginning of the month) for a week long stay in Coolum.  Now, I have to say that it was like going on my first ever plane ride as it has been soooo long since my last one in December,2019.  I flew home to Sydney a week later.  If only I could have twitched my nose and got there faster like Samantha in Bewitched would have done!!!
There are restrictions in place to get in the air - you need to complete an on-line declaration that you have a negative RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) or PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) result for Covid. You must wear a mask on all public transport grounds and services and also in airports and on planes.  Masks could be removed to eat or drink.  
Thank you for looking, Margaret

Bewitched (past tense) - to enchant and delight (someone). Synonyms are captivate, enchant, entrance, enrapture, charm, beguile, delight, fascinate, enthral, seduce, ravish, spellbound, mesmerize, transfix, rapture. 

Bewitched was an American fantasy sitcom television series that originally aired for eight seasons on ABC September 17, 1964 to March 25, 1972.  It is about a witch (albeit a good witch) who marries an ordinary mortal man, who finds out about his wife's powers on their honeymoon, and she vows to lead the life of a typical suburban housewife.  Of course, if you ever watched the program, you will know she did not keep this vow and used her magical powers to solve the problems her family faced.  It was good for laughs.  Would it stand up today?  Only you can answer that question.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge