Remembering Reta

 I completed this layout for a 1-2-3 recipe challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks Chat

This was for a recipe challenge - 1 photo, 2 patterned papers and 3 die cuts (I did only use 3 - the leave I cut in half to balance up the design.

The photo of Reta was taken at Freycinet Lodge, Tasmania in 1995.   I first met Reta on 3/10/1990 when we said "hello" on an European Tour and we became firm friends from that time on.  I visited Reta several times when I visited USA  - no USA trip was complete until I either rang her or visited her.  We had great little adventures together visiting places of interest - with me doing the driving on most occasions. Reta did come to visit me in 1995, we met in Tasmania and toured there and then she came to Sydney and we caught up again and then she took off to Cairns and Uluru. Reta was married, however her husband did not want to travel so she took off on her own.

On one trip to USA, after her first husband had died, Reta shared with me that she was 'courting' an old school friend and they did marry and moved to Florida and eventually moved back to Kentucky. He passed away after 7 years of marriage and she called the time they were together the best years of her life.

Sadly, Reta passed away on 23 February this year at the grand age of 99.  Thanks for the memories Reta you will never be forgotten!  A  true great Southern lady - but she never got me to enjoy eating Grits or Okra!   Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge