Retro TV Show Challenge - Beverly Hillbillies

Week 4 of the Retro TV Show Challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks.  This week Beverly Hillbillies. Here is my layout:
Here are the requirements for this week - settle back for a long post.
I have written many times on my blog regarding a suitcase of family photos and memories.  Dad was alive at the time and was able to fill me in on many of the photos.  
A bit of background, my fathers parents had a dairy in Morriset delivering to residents and shops in the area.  They were considered an essential service during the 2nd World War and my Dad and his brother worked the dairy. Dad told me he made this horse cart to assist in the deliveries.  Crawford Road, Morriset was named after my grandfather.  Some information about the photos.
My dad, on the cart - he even wrote his name on the side. This was before he was married to our mother, so I would say in these photos he is in his mid-twenties. He would later leave the farm to join the Police Force and he was there until his retirement.
Dad, my grandfather, Henry (far right) and his brother, David.
People not known to me - however I would say they are relatives.  
I do remember visiting the farm when younger, however it was ultimately demolished to make way for the Pacific Highway.  Ironically, a later home of my grandparents had a flower arch just like in the photo above.  I love looking back at these old photos.
The Beverly Hillbillies was broadcast from 1962 - 1971 and starred Buddy Ebsen, Irene Ryan, Donna Douglas and Max Baer Jr. as the Clampetts, a poor backwoods family from the hills of the Ozarks in Missouri, who moved to Beverly Hills, California, after striking oil (black gold, Texas tea as the song goes) on their land. Even today you can watch the show on U-tube. It is rather outdated and politically incorrect these days. I remember on my first visit to USA being driven down the streets and imagining I was one of the Clampetts.
The large wheel is a colour wheel die that I have and it represents the large wheels on the cart.

Thank you for looking, Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge