Cards for Calvinball

This week and during the Calvinball crop this afternoon, I finished off designing the cards for the community card group I lead on a Friday.  I try to find designs that suit all levels of experience and likes of the ladies (sorry, no men have registered for the classes).  Here are this weeks:

This card uses a new stamp called Tulip from the Kaszazz Spring Meadow collection.  The image has first been embossed with gold embossing powder and then using Watercolour pencils and a Ranger waterbrush the image is coloured in.   This is an interesting card fold that I found on Pinterest that many people have used.  The white cardstock as been folded in half and attached to single pieces of cardstock at the back.  An almost Art Deco feel to the card.  

Now once again, I have been looking at Pinterest for the second card for this week and came across this rather simple to put together card.  There is an added bonus they will get to make 2 cards with the die cut circles, that have been cut in half and then reassembled.  A die cut bird, an enamel dot or two, a greeting that covers up the two half circles.   I have kept the cards rather simple as once you have mastered the basic concept the world of design opens up.
This card has a retro feel to it.  Did you have a bluebird brooch as a child?  I did and this bird reminds me of it.  I must check my jewelery and wear it tomorrow!
This time a circle has been constructed.  Calvinball here I come with the first of the circle die cards.
I am hooked and I can see more being made for fund raising.
Thank you for looking,
Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge