Calvinball 2021 has started

What is Calvinball? Taken straight from the web "Calvinball is the craziest, most unpredictable and exciting online scrapbooking challenge.  It is hosted by Scrap Happy"  Click on this link to find about it. It runs for the entire month of March.  Here is my first layout 

In January 2019, my sister and I together with our friends Pene and her mother, Karen went on a cruise to New Zealand.  In Dunedin, we hired a car and drove to Larnach Castle.  It was a great place to visit and one of the first things we did is all have a go quoits on the lawn.  

Now back to Calvinball - there are points for all the bits and pieces you use on your layouts, art journal pages etc and even non-paper projects.  You can record your points or not, it is up to you.  So how many points did I get for this first layout?  Here goes

  • 1 for doing a single layout
  • 1 for this blog post
  • 1.5 for publicity points
  • 2 for Permanent Points (this will stay up the entire month).  For 1st March - use green and a star (no double dipping just yet on points, so only 1 point for the stars)
  • 1 for Temporary Points (these can be removed at any time during the month) I finished a layout for a challenge at another site. The other point was for a ball which I did not use!
I wasted a lot of time this morning deciding what to do - my mind was stuck on "green", I went though many photos - no not that one, no not suitable, tropical - no suitable photos.  And then looking at that Temporary Point 'ball' got me thinking games - yes, I have those photos of Pene throwing the quoits. From there it was a matter of looking at my stash and coming up with papers.   I created the quoit circles using Kaszazz SB Paper Greenhouse (reverse side), distressing the edges and then inking the edges with Potting Soil Archival Ink.  The stamp images, Fill your Life and Word Montage - Life is good - are also from Kaszazz.  I have also use Kaszazz Die - Stars Nesting Stitch.  
 
Thank you for looking and I will share more Calvinball 2021 layouts as the month progress.

Margaret - who loves crazy, unpredictable and excitement!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge