Good friends in USA

A layout for 2nd challenge at Scrappingclearly Virtual Cyber Crop on this weekend:
The challenge - Use paint, tissue paper, cotton thread, stamping and patterned paper on your project.
This is what I did:
  • Using Kaszazz watercolour paper 12" x 12" and some scraps and using watercolour paints (the round ones in those cute round towers) I created my background. with colours that I saw in the photo.
  • The scraps I painted I used Sizzix Thinlet Poinsettia die to cut out flowers, leaves and flower centres.
  • I took a piece of patterned paper from my stash that matched the colours and attach this to Tim Holtz Idea-ology plain tissue paper, sewn together with a black thread.   I fringed the tissue paper.  I did not want coloured or patterned tissue as I wanted the colours to remain in the tones selected.
  •  Stamps are from an old Stampin' Up! set called Crazy about you.
  • I used 1 strand of embroidery cotton  in each of the colours (or the nearest I had) and a little of the black sewing thread behind the photo.
  • Of course, I think I could have used a different yellow watercolour!
Now about the photo:
  • These are my friends Carol and Laura.  They live in Missouri, USA.  Carol and her husband live "down on the farm" in Doniphan and Laura (her daughter) her husband Jason and sons Casey and Cole live in Jefferson City, Missouri.
  • Carol and Laura and I met on a scrapbooking cruise out of Galveston, Texas to the Carribean over 15 years ago. 
  • I have caught up with them several times on my visits to USA and of course on-line though email and facebook.
  • We have discovered many a scrapbook store over there, many a special at Hobby Lobby, Joanne's.
  • Here we are (I am taking the photo) at Julie's home in St Paul, Minnesota.  We were staying in Minneapolis and we were introduced to Julie by another one of my friends, Kathy from Michigan,  who suggested we may like to contact Julie and do a class with her.  Of course, we jumped at it. 
Thinking of Carol and Laura and their families at this time.  Also, a shoutout to others I know throughout the USA and the world at this time.

Thank you for looking and stay safe during this time of coronvirus - or as many are saying the "rona".
Margaret.  

Comments

craftysahmiam said…
What a fun layout, perfect for those smiling faces! The use of the threads behind the photo is a neat touch. Stay safe!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge