Art Dolls mixed media.

No I have not started making dolls!  However, I have completed another challenge over at White with 1 - Challenge 3 another recipe challenge.. Here is my layout - I had inky fun doing it!
The recipe involved many elements which I will summarise:
  • Using white cardstock (CS), ink or paint in colour of your choice, spray onto a plastic bag, add some water and then put your hand in the bag and "splodge" onto CS. Ironically, I went with Broken China  Distress Spray and Ink.
  • Using gesso apply to edge of your photos. Loved this idea on these photos.
  • Cut 2 photo mats each increasing by 1/4". On the first one ink edge and then add texture stamp.
  • Using stamps that match your photo randomly stamp on the white CS.  I searched and searched and eventually settled on a texture stamp that had words and butterflies on them. 
  • Cut white CS into various sizes - distress edges, stamp on some, use left over spray on some and leave some white.  Place under photos.
  • Mount photos using foam.  
  • Add title and other embellishments that suite colour you have chosen.
Now a little about the Art Dolls.  During my last visit to see friends in USA they took me to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas.  This museum was founded in 2005 by Alice Walton (daughter and heir of Sam Walton, founder of Walmart). It is a non-profitable charitable organisation for all to enjoy.  A great place to visit.
When I was there these Art Dolls by mixed media artist Vanessa L German (b 1976) were on display. Initially, I thought of my sister who has in the past had a previous residence broken into and all her china figures were stolen.
The artist creates wroks that explore the power of transformation and healing.  She scours her Pittsburgh neighbourhood for objects to incorporate in her art.  What can you see other than dolls - small shoes, clockface, mirror (yes, that is my image in there) and more.

This one is called White Naptha Soap or, contemporary reasons in shape fitting. Both images you see are part of the work.
In this one the artist considers the 21st century implications as Public Health Crisis or, Critical Pathophysiology of Psychosis.
Deep thoughts.  I just loved them and there were several others that I spent a lot of time looking at them.  For more information on the artist google her name.
Thank you looking, I would love your feedback on my layout for the art works.
Margaret
Crafting in the time of Coronavirus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge