Creativity

This weekend, I am participating in challenges over at Scrappingclearly Virtual Cyber Crop.  Here is an art journal page I created for Challenge 1:
 The challenge was to use the Maya Angelou quote, on my page:
For my background I:
  • took a page from an old dictionary, tore in half and applied to my page with Ranger Mat Medium.
  • after allowing it to dry (well with the help of heat gun) I then applied Dylusion Paints - polished jade and peony blush with an ink blending tool randomly
  • a baby wipe then applied to soften the colour and also to wipe over a circle stencil to obtain small circles and bring out some of the dictionary text.  Allowed to dry again.
  • using Kaisercraft Designer Template and texture paste applied that to bottom left of my page.
  • I printed out the quote and then coloured up with the paints, cut and then applied to page with a black mount.  The white dots were created using a correction pen.
  • I then added larger circles to my page and then doodled a bit into each circle. Do you know what I used to create the circles? Keep reading.
  • Finally used a black pen to highlight CREATIVITY IS CONTAGIOUS. How appropriate in this time of Coronavirus pandemic.  Also used thicker black pen around the page 
Now how did I create those circles?  In Australia and throughout the world at the start of this pandemic there was wholesale buying of toilet paper - toot paper, TP, Charmin, whatever you want to call it.   I used the inside roll and Jet Black Archival ink to create the circles - my warped sense of humour I suppose, but again very topical during this pandemic.
I don't usually do art journal pages, maybe should do more during this time of isolation. We will see!
Thank you for looking, Margaret.  
Creativity is contagious - I hope it continues. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge