Cards

Here are a couple of cards that I made with my card ladies last Friday.  It will be the last classes that are conducted at the local community centre for some time, following guidelines set for social distancing and care at this time.
Poppy card uses the spotlight technique.  The stamp is a long retired Stampin' Up! stamp called Pleasant Poppies.  It is not my original design, I found similar card on the internet (sorry can't find original post - I will continue to look) I did update it with a small dot stamp I have and different embellishments.  We used alcohol ink markers to colour the image. 
The stamps used on this card are available with Creative Stamping magazine Issue 82.  I know as soon as I saw this card on the inside it was one I wanted to share with my ladies, who rushed out and purchased their copy after class.  Whilst in Australia we may not have this exact view anywhere, I believe it is timeless.
Both of these cards are going to a lady in my group who could not attend and is have her own health issues at the moment.
I must explain that my lack of creativity in designing my own cards this week - my sister is (or was very shortly) overseas on holiday in Europe.  My mind has been on how she is/was going and I am afraid that new ideas did not just come to me as I prepared these cards.
A couple of other photos:
Sunset last night from my backyard.   I don't often get to see the sunset from my place so this was extra special, just the tonic needed.
Then today, I was over at my sister's home stocking up her fridge/pantry as she will go into 14 days lockdown when she returns on Saturday.  Her Peace rose was blooming so I cut it off, the photo was taken in my backyard when I got home.
Thank you for looking, please take and live Peace however you interrupt it.
More time for cardmaking and scrapbooking I hope in coming days and months.   Keep well everyone. Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge