Birthday and Christmas get together.

Here is a layout I have created with leftovers, plus other bits and pieces, from my previous double page layout of today.  Again inspired by a layout by Erin Bruton from Celebr8.
My sister, brother and sister-in-law and I first arranged to get together with my niece (my brother's daughter), little Oscar and her partner to celebrate birthdays and Christmas in December. Well, fate had a big say in that - the devastating fires NSW had in December caused us to postpone until January and we arranged to meet approx. halfway at Berowra from where we lived. Well, yes fate had another plan - my sister had an unexpected trip to hospital so we postponed until February.  Yes, we eventually all met up in Berowra for lunch - I will say it was raining unceasingly that day - but we were all determined that it would happen.
We had great laughs as we exchanged gifts in the middle of the restaurant - Christmas had come!!
Here is Oscar writing! Well attempting to. The paper with the pencil was just right. Oscar has such a fantastic personality at this age and is such fun to be around.
ps I am heading to my niece's home next week - she wants to learn scrapbooking - I am so excited to share this with her.
I am participating in Calvinball 2020 this month (check them out in Facebook or the web page).  They have rules (both for the length of the crop and temporary bonus points that can be removed at any stage and not used on later layouts created) and not set challenges - so you can create whatever you want - single page layout, double page layout, cards, journals etc.   You can compete for points however I just like being able to get pages done in such a fun way.
So what rules did I use here:
  • Single page layout
  • Blog post
  • Shared to Pinterest
  • Shared on Calvinball facebook page
  • Arrows
  • Geometric patterned paper
  • Die cuts - hexagons
  • Circle
  • Handwriting - slightly wonky but hey that is how I feel sometimes
  • Participate in on-line crop - did that last night.
  • Use a star 
  • Paper clip (temporary bonus point)
  • Fussy cutting (temporary bonus point) used to cut out some of the hexagons
Thank you for looking, Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge