Like a duck to water

Layout No. 2 for Calvinball 2022
Rules used - Single layout, Green, Blue and Yellow (Distress Oxides Prize Ribbon and Mustard Seed smooched together), Stencil (Raindrops), Silver (Texture Paste and Glitter Kiss/Creative Expressions mixed together), Tropical flowers or leaves, stamping, date, arrow, camera.

Record breaking rain over Australia's east coast has flooded towns and cities in Queensland and New South Wales (NSW), submerging thousands of homes and business and unfortunately there has been people who have lost their lives.  I live on the Central Coast of NSW and whilst I, my brother and his wife, and my sister are safe in our homes, we have not escaped the record rainfall that is expected to continue for several days more. Local roads have flooded, potholes have lost any repairs that have been made leaving big holes in lots of streets and laneways. 

The photo above was taken on a street in Ettalong Beach.  I had attempted to take a photo of the ducks enjoying the pools of water that have formed alongside the road several days ago, but as I approached they waddled away.  Yesterday, it was raining again and so I headed out to take a photo - this time they behaved and allowed me to take a photo. 

So what does the saying 'like a duck to water' mean? I looked it up and it can be taken as enjoying what you are doing. And the ducks were enjoying themselves.  Also, another trivia piece I found - ducks see in colour!

Here is a close up of the texture paste/glimmer kiss mix that I applied through the rain drops stencil.

For more information on the Calvinball challenge head to http://scraphappy.org/calvinball 

Thank you for looking, Margaret 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge