A blast from the 60's

Here is a layout I finished today for a challenge over at Archiscraps Community Group on Facebook. 

Archiscraps use architecture as the basis for their challenges.  This month we were to be inspired by this photo - with the additional challenge of using scallops and texture.  This is the first time I have completed a challenge on this site.
I have achieved texture on my layout by using threads, pins, words and I have used an old 12" square canvas by Finnabar as my background.
Whenever I hear the word "scallops" my mind always turns to a dress that I made in the late 60's.   I just loved a dress designed by Prue Acton, at that time an up and coming Australian designer, the pattern of which is above.  At this stage I was still making my own clothes and I fell in love with the scalloped hem (pattern shown above) and together my mother and I created a dress for me based on this.  We created the scallops on the kitchen table using various sized cups until we were satisfied with the size of the scallops.  My dress was much simpler in shape - I did not want the darts and of course, I wanted it knee length (not mini).  I remember it was made in a yellow fabric.  The dress I no longer have, of course, and I went looking on the internet for examples of Prue Acton design and this photo of a pattern cover was there.
Prue Acton these days is an artist.  
Thank you for looking, Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge