Circa 1950 layout

I am trying to catch up with a few March challenges today, it is cold, wet and windy outside today, so a great day to be doing it! This layout was for a challenge over at White with 1 where the challenge is to use white with black.

Inspiration mode board to be inspired by.

The photo, of my sister (sitting right) and I would have been taken circa 1952 - 70 YEARS AGO!!! We are sitting in a bush furniture bench that our Dad and Grandfather would have made.  It sat for many years on the front verandah of our home.  My sister and I were usually dressed alike, in clothes made by our mother,  and we would have been celebrating a birthday I am sure - I have a few more photos showing us on the bench through the years. Our younger brother would join us a few years later. Here is a close up of the photo on my layout. 
I found it difficult locating just the right papers for this layout, and in the end found the background paper you see here (it had a grey tinge that I felt matched the photo perfectly. I first applied a layer of Picket Fence distress paint, however it came out very creamy - so as they say 'a coat of gesso fixes everything' and that is what I did.  Strips of black and white paper, white acrylic pieces, some white lace and pearls finish off the layout.

Here is another photo of me celebrating my birthday on the verandah - I am a little older in this photo I would say about 3 - if I counted the candles correctly!

Thank you for looking, Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge