I did but see her passing by!

Here is a layout I have created for White with 1 Earth Cyber Crop that is on this weekend. This layout is for their first challenge 

The challenge was White with Earthy Brown with theme Exploring the Outdoors and to use either wood veneer or chipboard. 

The story of the photos.  For several years in 1970's and 80's I was a Girl Guide Leader. The Sydney Opera House was opened Queen Elizabeth 11 on 20 October, 1973, so of course the Girls Guides and Leaders headed to Sydney to wait for the Queen to pass by - it was an early start and a long wait for her car to arrive.  Eventually, it was time - there she is - cameras at the ready to capture this moment in time. Well, my photo does show her gloved 'wave' as she passed us by and this was the only view that we got on the day! Here is the photo more closely. 

When a younger Queen Elizabeth 11 visited Parliament House in 1963 Sir Robert Menzies, a former Prime Minister of Australia in part expressed his admiration for her by sharing lines from the English Poet Thomas Ford poem, There is a lady Sweet and Kind: "I did but see her passing by, and yet I love her till I die."  Every time I look at my photo I am reminded of the line "I did but see her passing by!"

I have first sprayed a very old Walnut Ink, over my clock stencil, onto my white background.  I have used a wood veneer word "memories' and die cuts from my stash. Long before current sprays that are available to us there were crystals' eg Walnut Ink crystals that you diluted in water before spraying, this then led to a bottle of Walnut Ink diluted.  This bottle I remember I purchased during a visit to Hawaii and I suspect it was 1980's.
I did take several other photos and I made them a little pocket on the reverse of this layout to put them in. 

Thank you for looking, Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge