Altered alpha chipboard

There is a challenge over at Paper Issues (Friends & Fans) called Scrabble.  The criteria was to purge your Thickers collection and show just how fun  your title can be. Create an intersecting tile or use alpha tiles on your page.  Well, I may have gone 'off-piste' with my entry.  Here it is:

This morning whilst out in blogland I found a blog called A bit of everything.  Lorna had created a mixed media notebook (click on the link above) and I was inspired to create something similar with whatever I had in my stash. I have wanted to use up the so many chipboard alphas that I have for some time.  I was originally going to do a book cover as well - however, I remembered I had many a small canvas sitting idle for so long.  I thought start small and see how it goes.
I got out my supplies of texture paste, black gesso, collage paste, other glues, brushes, Dylusion sprays, and 3 jars of Metallic Gilding Powder (I am sure that I purchased these in USA last time I was there but you never know) and the other bits and pieces needed to embellish.
Here is a close up of finished work - it has a real shimmer to it that is not really evident in my photo. After the heatwave that was yesterday here in Australia today is much much cooler and not as bright. 
I had fun and have given thanks to Lorna on her blog.
Thank you for looking,
Margaret

Comments

ah thank you for the mention, I just love your design and very happy I inspired you, your colours are just gorgeous xx

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge