70th birthday celebrations

In my last post I wrote that it was my sisters 70th birthday this week.  She has a lot of activities planned the first being an afternoon tea on 18th January with our brother and sister-in-law.  We went to Saddles, at Mt White.   I ordered the cake she wanted (and it was the most expensive cake I have ever bought!) and it was delicious.  Here is the layout I have created with her and the cake.

We had this afternoon tea earlier than her birthday as our brother and sister-in-law were due to head toTasmania on holidays, however it was cancelled due to Covid restrictions at that time. So, we went ahead anyway and met up for a great afternoon tea.
In my stash I found a previous watercolour and texture paste background I had created and it was just right for this layout. 
The heart is a nod to the heart locket my sister is wearing.  It belonged to our mother and my sister recently had it cleaned and started wearing it again.  
Yes, I did make a boo boo cutting the watercolour paper, one edge is 1/4" smaller than the longer edge - no worries, work with it, as I call it a creative opportunity!

I am adding this to my 4th layout for the 52 Friday Favourites at Paper Issues (Friends and Fans) and I used their sketch for 13th January. 

Thank you for looking, Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge