International Scrapbook Day

I am participating in challenges over at Cocoa Vanilla Studio this weekend.  The first challenge was to be inspired by a mood board.   Here is my layout with a photo of my great nephew who is growing up so quickly - 2nd birthday shortly:
And here is the mood board - we could draw on images, colours, patterns, texture or the quote - whatever grabbed you.  I loved the quote, butterflies and the pastel colours.
No photo description available.
I only own 4 12" x 12" patterned papers (pp) by Cocoa Vanilla but reassured we could use any of our stash I proceeded.  What have I used:
  • One of my sheets of pp from their Wild at Heart collection - Artisan I lightly sprayed Distress Oxide Sprays - picked raspberry; broken china; fossilized amber.
  • Then search my stash for co-ordinating papers (both retired Kaszazz papers) that match the photo I selected and then sprayed with fossiled amber and distressed the edge.
  • On to my craft mat sprayed the 3 colours, and a little water,then stamped Kaisercraft Magestic Butterfly stamp onto the main sheet of paper. I also stamped a butterfly onto one of the mat papers again sprayed with fossiled amber spray this was then cut out and edges distressed. This was a new technique for me and I will definitely be using it again.
  • I printed out the saying, sprayed again - yes you guessed it - with fossiled amber and distressed the edges.
  • Put it all together - quote and freeform butterfly were raised with foam. The chipboard word - love had been previously painted white so I just added a spray of Distress Oxide broken china.
Here is a close up of the Distress Oxide Spray elements:
I loved the finished result and I hope you do as well.
As an aside, I when I spray inks I always spray into a cardboard box and today I just marveled at the colour that has been made over many uses - it is very glittery and my photo does not really show this:
It is nearly time to replace it, see the buckling of the base - so I can see me using this in some future projects maybe.
Thank you for looking - keep well.
Margaret
Crafting in the time of coronavirus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge