Square eyes!

This layout is for a challenge over at Soul Scrappers. More about that later.
The challenge was to use a close up photo of your eye/eyes on your page and to include a quote about eyes.
My selfie photos were taken whilst I was getting ready for the wedding of a young lady I have known since the day she was born. I was staying in an apartment close to the wedding venue. I looked in the bathroom mirror and my first thought was "oh no it is true I have square eyes! What my mother used to say to us as kids came true!".
Of course, that was a what we would now call an "old wives tale". In fact, what I saw was my reflection in the square mirror...an optical illusion!"
Here is a one of the photos so that you can see those square eyes of mine - wow that sounds like a song title!
My layout was initially inspired by a photograph in Art Journal Freedom a book by Dina Wakley...see below.   
Whilst she used paints I got out my gel plate and acrylic paints. I also used several pieces that I had previously created with my gel plates. I also got out my sewing machine and a stencil with squares to use with my black marker.  My quote was made with stickers from stash...it was hard to find enough of a complete alphabet!
It was a fun project to complete. Thank you for looking,
Margaret

Comments

Mitzi Luttrull said…
What a funny page, Margaret. Thanks for joining in at Soul Scrappers.

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge