Guest Designer - White with 1 - Dream

 I am a guest designer over at White with 1 challenges this month.  Here is my layout:

The challenge was to use white with Lilac Lullaby colour and to use at least one of the following from the moodboard.  My first thought - oh no! Not a colour I usually use!
I firstly sprayed my paper with Distress Oxide Ink sprays - Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet.  I also sprayed cheesecloth, paper flowers and cotton thread with a mixture of the sprays and allowed them to dry.

The photo is of my niece at age 4 (she is now a mother of a 3 1/2year old) playing with her dolls. This challenge made we wonder what her dreams were at that age.

I recently got the Kaszazz Dreamcatcher die and stamp combination (KSK7300) and it seemed just right for this layout. Other Kaszazz products I have used are papers from the Nature Lover collection, Pearls Sticky Gems, Archival stamp inks, laces and ribbon and the Crafters Companion Dream die. A small stamp, from my stash, randomly applied completed the layout.

Here is a close up of the flowers and dream catcher.


From www.dream-catchers.org I found this: "Dream catchers are one of the most fascinating traditions of Native Americans. The traditional dream catcher was intended to protect the sleeping individual from negative dreams, while letting positive dreams through.  The positive dreams would slip through the hole to the centre of the dream catcher, and glide down the feathers to the sleeping person below.  The negative dreams would get caught up in the web, and expire when the first rays of the sun struck them."  

Maybe, we all need a dream catcher just now! Just saying!  

Thanks to White with 1 for a fabulous challenge, Margaret



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge