Paper 'Snippets'

Over the past couple of days I have been making paper 'snippet' rolls.  What are they I hear you ask? Firstly, let me show you what I have made with my 'snippets;

Here is a definition I found on the web "A snippet roll is a long strip of paper or fabric that is decorated with bits and pieces of paper, fabric and findings. The person making the snippet roll determines the length and width of the roll. There are no rules as to how long or wide a snippet roll must be."  I was fascinated as I searched further and further on the web.  So I had a go using paper scraps!  My thing then became what would I do with them?  
There is a market/fair coming up in September.  My sister saw the larger Tyvek pencil cases (4) on special at Typo and I found the smaller pencil cases at Kmart.  Perfect to place the my snippets on.   I also showed my sister how to make them and she has made hers for the front of art/faith journals that will also be sold at the fair.
I love how they all turned out.  I will try fabric snippets next as I have a lot of fabric scraps laying about!

Thank you for looking, Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge