Words of wisdom - I knew them at 21.

 Here is a layout I have created for a challenge at ARTastic Challenge blog.  

It is for the final challenge of 2020 (and what a year it has been).  This challenge blog is taking a little break over Christmas/New Year so if you want to play along you have until the end of January, to submit a layout.    The inspiration for this month came from Salvatore Zofrea with Christmas Bells 2011. Criteria was "Anything goes" so surprise us! Surprise...I used a kit and a really old spray bottle of Tsukineko Walnut Ink Antiquing Solution and its cost $USD4.50.  Does anyone remember these inks?

                                          

A little about my layout.  The photos were taken at my 21st birthday party - I recently recovered them from an old style photo album.   They would be considered 'vintage' as this month I celebrated by 71st birthday!  Wow, where did that time go! I made the outfit I am wearing, a pant suit made from crepe that had a sparkle thread running through it.  

The papers and embellishments are from Celebr8.   Earlier this year, before Covid, I attended a weekend of scrapbooking with Celebr8 instructors at The Scrapbooker's Confetti shop in Swansea in New South Wales.  Included in the kits we received was a free kit designed by Kerrie Gurney that we could take home and create a double layout and 2 single layouts. Until this time they have sat in my stash - just the time now as I take a break from leading card/scrapbooking classes to get time to complete some of the projects I have wanted to do.   I have contacted Kerrie and left a thank you.  

I love the chipboard "always believe in yourself" and if I could go back to when I was 21 I would be saying those words to myself.   I was encouraged by my parents to believe in myself and follow my own path in life.  I have written previously one of my favourite sayings, in part,  is "straightforwardly act - be honest in fact - be nobody else but you".

Are you a scrapbooker? Why not check out ARTastic Challenge blog for some fantastic challenges in 2021.

Thank you for looking, Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge