Playing with ink and embossing powders

I recently watched a video by a fellow Kaszazz consultant Julie Whitechurch where she demonstrated a great way to make to make your own backgrounds on paper.   Here is what I came up with

Basically the technique using Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks applied to paper with a dry brush to create a checkerboard pattern (leaving white space) then embossing over the top using Embossing Ink applied with a ruler edge - see top right.  I then decided to use a ruler and the edge of an acrylic block.  Next, I decided that I would see what it looked like using Scarlet Distress Mixed Media Embossing Powder and Black Embossing Powder.  Love the result and when I do it next I will not leave as much white space. 

I have left a thank you to Julie for the inspiration.  Check out her video, link attached above.  Now to make make into Christmas cards.

Thank you for looking, Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge