Vintage Memories

 Here is a layout I have created today for a challenge over at ARTastic Challenge blog:


The challenge inspiration was this painting by an Australia artist Hilda Rix Nicholas called Picardy Girl.  The criteria was vintage style. 

I searched for just what made something vintage - and aside from wine - I found this reference "Most antique dealers consider an item vintage if it is at least 40 years old."   I decided to use a photo I found when sorting through my photo memories.
Rather than tell you what I used from my stash, I think it is important that I share something about the photo.
This photo of my sister (left) and I (right) and friends as we were leaving for a ball.  We all would have been in our late teens/early twenties - so definitely made the photo 'vintage'.  
My sister and I, of course, went to the hairdressers to get our hair done - just look at the bouffant style, adding inches to our height!  Yes, we had permed hair!  I made the ballgown I am wearing.
Our friend wearing the green lace dress we still see to this day - over 50 years later.  The friend, wearing the black and white skirt, between my sister and I, unfortunately passed away very young from cancer.  The other two friends, also sisters, we have lost contact with over the years but they are very important part of our past and not forgotten.  Here is a close up of the photo of us all. And look, it has a curtain in background but not as elaborate as in the inspiration but very typical of the era of my photo.
Thank you for looking and sharing a memory with me.
Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge