Releasing my inner artist!

Today I been playing with new Watercolours Pans and have come up with these 2 cards.                                                               

This card was inspired by a video I watched by Maremi Small Art I did leave a thank you for her.  

Now a little story - the only subject I failed at school was ART - 49 in half yearly and 49 in the yearly. My drawing ability was and I can say it now - horrendous, my grasp of the history of art was strong. So my confidence, or lack of, in my ability as an artist started rather early.  Many years ago I attended a Pastels workshop - the teacher said "I had a very naive style!"  My confidence was not renewed!  Many, many years later I did meet my school art teacher, we were both in the Embroiderers Guild at that time, and I relayed this tale and she said "Margaret, consider yourself passed".   
I have found my inner artist over the years as a patchworker, embroiderer and now papercrafter but still that nagging ' I can't paint' lingered.  
Thank you for looking, 
Margaret

One other thing. I wondered why they were called Pan Watercolours so I went to Google - the word 'pan' can refer to the empty container (often made of plastic), but it can also refer to a tub which is already full of dried paint."   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge