Focus on the words

I have not done much creating in the past 2 weeks or so - my sister had a hip replacement and as I am her primary carer during this time I have been busy visiting her in hospital, shopping, meal cooking being there when needed etc etc.  Now she has some outside assistance so today sat down and created this layout for a challenge over at ARTastic Challenges Facebook page and here is the layout I have created:
The challenge was to Focus on the words.  The inspiration was this piece by Australian paper sculpture artist, Renee Farrant, called My tree words worth.
                                           
I  knitted this triangular scarf during the coronavirus pandemic.  The yarn is Patons Bohemia Carnivale that I have had for a few years.  
For the layout I used a piece of Shimelle True Stories patterned paper that I cut in half on the diagonal.  This paper is full of inspiration words that just seemed right.  Words include but not limited to embrace creativity, try a smidgen of bling, here's my inspiration and LOVELY. 
I added picked raspberry Oxide Ink Spray to my white cardstock, then applied the patterned paper (pp).  I was going for a textured look with my papers so I distressed the edges of all the pp's.  I then took to the sewing machine and stitched a straight line and also couched some yarn to the page.  Some old glitter stickers added with more bling with silver rhinestones.    Finally, I selected some of the words and attached to my photo.  The added bling at the top of these words was made by friend in USA a few years ago when we were playing around with her beads and bling and making embellishments for our scrapbook layouts.
I thank you for looking,
Margaret
Craft in the time of coronavirus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge