Beautiful Flowering Gums

Just down the street where I live there is this beautiful flowering gum.  I could not resist taking a photo on one of my Covid19 walks.  This layout is for challenge at White with 1 Facebook group.  The challenge was White on White.
Simple I hear you say!  I needed to scope out white things in my stash.  Here is what I did:
  1. Using Kaszazz Wood Grain stencil and texture paste apply the stencil to the white cardstock (CS). Let dry.
  2. Kaszazz Flowering Gum stamp (Flora and Fauna collection), Versamark and white embossing powder apply at various places on the CS.  I still had lots of white space and so using Kaszazz Grungy dots stamp from Collage Stamp- Image stamp set (Destinations collection) I again embossed with white embossing powder.
  3. I then took the Kaszazz  'beautiful' chipboard and brushed over gesso and then whilst wet applied the white embossing powder.  I did this twice as I wanted a great coverage of white.
  4. Whilst, I had the gesso I edged my photo with it. When dry I attached the photo to my layout with foam tape.
  5. Into my lace collection I went and found white lace that used on two of the edges of my photo.
  6. I then die cut Gumnuts by Ultimate Crafts.  I wanted a raised affect so each of my embellishments have 3 of the dies glued together.   I added another piece of my lace from collection to the top of each of the gumnut clusters.
  7. Finished off with some white pearls.
Here is a close up of the top of the photo on my layout.
Thank you for looking, it was a challenge and not as easy as I thought it would be.
Margaret
Crafting in time of Coronavirus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge