Easter Fun

I created this layout for a challenge over at Soul Scrappers Challenges

The challenge is a sketch challenge, here is the sketch that formed the basis of the layout - you could flip it or rotate to suit whatever photos you had, as long as could see the sketch.

The photos are of my great-nephew, not yet 4, and were taken today, Easter Sunday, by his mother. My sister and I had got together a few Easter surprises for him that we posted to his home in time for Easter, and you can see my gift in the photo on the left. He loves books of all kinds. Little Golden books were a favourite of mine as a child and I read them constantly - I remember The Twins (always reminded me of my sister and I, we are not twins but just 13 months apart, and dressed alike) and also Dr Dan the Bandage Man (I think because this one had a band-aid in it) and I hope that my great-nephew gets lots of enjoyment out of reading his Easter ones.  

I have used papers from my stash on this layout. The chipboard is from Kaszazz and is available on their website. The chipboard took the longest to complete - firstly I covered with white gesso, allowed it to dry and then applied a couple of coats of Picket Fence paint and again allowed to dry.   I was not happy with the finished result so I then painted on a coat of Jo Sonya white paint with a blue mix for the ears.

Thank you for looking, why not head over to Soul Scrappers Challenges, join up and start on their monthly challenges and cyber crops. Margaret

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge