Never stop exploring.

My area is currently in lockdown, due to Covid Delta virus outbreak in Sydney area.  So what have I been doing - why exploring of course!  No, not in a plane, or in a car, or on a bus or train....but exploring Pinterest!   I came across tea bag art...why not give that a try I said to myself!  Here is what I came up with...
In my searching I came across The Crafters Workshop Blog post by Patty using black gesso and texture paste on these little miniature works of art.  I have left her a thank you for the inspiration.
Firstly, I need to dye the tea bags.  I only had the square bags on hand.  I placed 4 of the tea bags into boiling water into a cup (just like making a very strong cup of tea) and left them to steep through.  When I decided they were ready I carefully opened the bags and disposed of the tea onto the garden and then I put under cold water to remove any remaining tea.  I then allowed them to dry.  I loved the result so had another go with 4 more bags - this time one broke in half - no worries.  At this stage it bought make memories of tie dying fabric in the past.
When bags were dry I applied black gesso and as this was drying I selected some of the many stencils I have and got ready to apply the texture paste.  
Now, I when I make something I want to use whatever it is and I made two mixed media cards with two of the bags.
I am extremely happy with how this new technique to me panned out and plan to use the remaining tea bags as our lockdown continues - extended another week past this coming Friday.  Next I want to try other flavour tea bags but that will need to wait until I next put in a click and collect grocery order.
Thank you for looking,
Margaret
"There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life"  Lin Yutang



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge