Friends layout

 This layout I have completed is for an Easter Challenge that is happening this weekend over at White with 1 Facebook page. 

The challenge was to be inspired by the image below. The challenge - Choose one colour and use the picture to design your page, for example, the little tiny eggs could represent flower clusters, the bunnys eggs lined up could mean a grid page.  
My first task was to work out what was my inspiration.   I had a photo of my great nephew and his newest friend - Sebastian.   Oscar was wearing 'blue' so that was my starting point. I took some cling wrap and Cobalt Archival Ink and randomly stamped the cling wrap onto my white cardstock. Now, these inks do no react the same as Distress Inks and I had first added some water to my craft mat along with the ink, interestingly a soft purple colour appeared - not really what I was wanting, however it does look great in real life on the layout. So ditched the water and just went with ink only.
Next, how was I going to plan my layout and my eyes were drawn to the angle at which the "bunnies" were placed and there drew lines to mark out how I wanted to cut my blue cardstock (some licence was taken so that I got a pleasing placement).  Then, die cut some hearts to represent all those "bunnies" in line.
I coloured the friends chipboard with the same Archival Ink, and then applied Glossy Accents to give it a bit of a sheen.
A clean and not so simple layout was the result.
Thank you for looking and a happy Easter to all, Margaret
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge