Lockdown hair

New South Wales' nearly 4 month lockdown is coming to an end!  Partial opening starts on Monday 11th October.  I wanted to remember what my hair looked like.  I usually have short spiky hair and currently it is a 'mess' - a first world problem I know! Here is a layout I have created for a challenge at Kraft Plus:

The challenge was be inspired by Manga.
Not a challenge that would normally inspire me to create a layout. My first thought was "what is manga" an internet search provided this information - Manga are Japanese comic books or graphic novels with a twist, serialised in newspapers and magazines.  Manga is storytelling through pictures, where images rule supreme. The Japanese characters for manga translate as 'pictures run riot or pictures unbounded'. 

My inspiration - it was obvious to me that hairstyles play an important part in manga drawings.  Perfect way to remember my comical 'lockdown' hair and expression.  It should be said that my usual hairstyle is short and spiky!!  

My layout uses bits and pieces from my stash - I was especially pleased to find the Kaisercraft paper with the saying "I'll look back on this life and smile because I really lived it" on the bottom strip. Even the twine I found would not behave, just like my hair, it went everywhere.

Thank you for looking, Margaret



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge