Sometimes you just go 'wow'

One of the joys of leading a card class each week, is that I find new and interesting ways to create cards.  Here are two cards that the participants are making this coming Friday.

This is a fancy fold called a pyramid or teepee card.  The idea for the card came from a card my sister received from a friend for her recent birthday.  I first searched the internet and came across many videos and posts on how the card was made.   I decided to go with double-sided patterned paper (retired Kaszazz papers) that has weight to it.  The participants can choose what side of the paper they want to use.  Hand-made flowers and scroll complete the front of the card.  The card has been closed with very thin magnets.   Greeting is inside the pyramid/teepee.  The card will fold flat for postage.
This card use a stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey 'Lovely Day' and a die from 'Albums made Easy-Instagram' by We R Memory Keepers.  I have coloured simply with Alcohol Ink Markers.
After die cutting there was a middle piece of yellow that was surplus to needs.  I corner rounded the piece, punch a hole at top and added ribbon. One single flower was fussy cut from the flower image and a greeting added.   An extra bonus.
I just love both of these cards. Real 'wows'. 

Let me finish with a quote "A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms." Zen Shin

Thank you for looking, Margaret.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge