Remembering the 50's

I got an early start on designing cards for the community class I lead this coming Friday.  Here are the cards - this week the cards highlight tags/inserts on them.

The design of this card was inspired by one I saw in the book "Card Sketches for Paper Crafters"  by Papercraft Magazine 2012,   Sometimes, when I need inspiration I will head to Pinterest, blog surf or to this book or others I have in my collection - they are dated but they provide the inspiration to start designing.  This cards uses retired Kaszazz papers and current stamps Birthday Girl and Your Wings Exist. As well as butterfly die.  I have used coloured pencils for the butterfly and other bits and pieces from my stash. The Gift card die was by Sizzix.
This card was inspired by one I found on Pinterest by Monique, however the link to the original card shows that it was no longer current.  So Monique, if by any chance you stumble across my blog - thank you.  Again, the card features retired Kaszazz papers.  The Kookaburra stamp is from Kaszazz. 
These tags/inserts were on the reverse of the music paper.  Old Australian newspaper ads - of the 1950's.  I love the catchphrase "You'll sing as you wring".  We had a wringer washing machine when I was growing up - it was my job to regularly do the family washing on a Saturday - loved using the copper to boil the sheets, towels, etc, etc  put in the washing machine, use the wringer, putting everything out on the line to dry, taking in and then the ironing.  Memories.
One of the ladies in the group wanted a card for a 70th birthday so an option will be to put the numbers on the back of one of the tags or on the front of the card.
Thank you for looking, Margaret

Remember, you can order any current Kaszazz products from me at my website  www.kaszazz.com/cart?consid=110787



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge