Family history documented

 I just realised I had not posted my 1st week of February Friday Favourites at Paper Issues (Friends and Fans) and I wanted to keep on top of documenting my life.  Well, better late than never. Here is what I have created as #5/52 (not a scrapbook layout this time).

Recently several of my family members have become interested in family history and are completing family trees.  They are from both sides of my family - my cousin taking on my mother's side (she was one of 8 children) and my niece researching my father's side.  I have been assisting both of them with photos and information that I have.  It is easy to get caught up in the research.

The photo above (I took a photo of the original and then copied myself) is of my maternal great-grandparents John and Agnes Orr.  The Orr's lived in Launceston, Tasmania and this is where my grandmother grew up.  A lot of the photographs I have are from an old suitcase that came to my father and I when his brother passed away and his wife did not want. My father was alive then and was able to tell me information about many of the photos from his side of the family.  

I have placed the photo on a Tim Holtz idea-ology kit, Authentic Moments, that I purchased from Tuesday Morning when I visited USA several years ago.  It was incomplete but that did not worry me.  It has sat in my stash since I got it - and by chance I came across it this week and of course it is very vintage looking.  I hope  you like what I have done with the original kit - there are some bits and pieces left over so I will use them on another vintage layout in the future.

 
Thank you for looking, small dent made in my stash, haha!

Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge