1-2-3 GO

I am participating over at White with 1 challenge Facebook page again this month.  The challenge was to use Cranberry with white. Here is my layout:
In 2007 Stampin" Up! had a colour called Cranberry Crisp - it was one of my favourites at the time. I still have the inkpad and reinker in my stash.  So out they came!
So first, it was time to reink my stamp pad and then I added some of the reinker to water in a spray bottle. 
Then using stamps from the newest Kaszazz collection "Destinations" I went to town with background stamping.  I was inspired by a layout by Karen Schultz on Scrappingclearly  blog where she used stamps and other techniques for her background - I have just gone with stamping and misting.  I have given her a shout out on the blog.  Thank you Karen.
I found a little piece of paper to mat my photo as it needed lifting from the black and white of the photo.  
The stamps are from Kaszazz Destinations collection.
A little bit of black pen to highlight a couple of words.  My journalling will be added later.
Now the photo:
In the mid to late 1970's.   I took a 3 day cruise from Sydney to Brisbane to see if I would like cruising (hence the word 'Imagine" on my layout.
It was a time when passengers were able to have visitors on board before departure and you could throw streamers to those below at sail away time- this practice was later stopped for environmental reasons.   
I am third from the left (wearing sunglasses) it was also a time of dressing up to depart.  
The only other thing I remember from the cruise - in the cinema they were showing Taking of Pelham 123 - a rather gruesome tale of hostages on a train.

I did not take another cruise until THE LATE 1990's so I was not impressed, at the rather young of age 30 or thereabouts, of cruising!
Thank you for looking,
Margaret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge