A gift for a friend.

One of the projects I was working on over lockdown here on the Central Coast of NSW, was a journal for a friend, Jo, who was earlier in the year was gifted a selection of papers, maps, serviettes, a coaster etc. and Jo then subsequently gave them to me to see if I could do anything with them.  Here is what I came up with (a longer than normal post of photos follows) - a fun journal project.
For the journal I used a Kaszazz chipboard mini-journal kit (7795) comprising 6 chipboard pages and 3 hinged rings. I created each page differently.
Front covered with a serviette napkin, embossed with texture paste, inks and a cluster made with bits and pieces from my stash.  Throughout the journal  you will see tulle featured.  The tie closure has been made with torn calico and the hinges decorated with torn calico and tulle.
I also used this project as an opportunity to try out new techniques to me.  On the left you can see a snippet roll I made. 
These two pages have sections where journaling or photos can be placed.  On the right lift  up the flap and there is a tag. On the left the tag file opens up.
On the left is the coaster covered in the map paper.  On the right a pocket with a tag inside.
On the left, I first covered the board with red cardstock and then placed a napkin over the top. This is my favourite page!  On the right I painted the chipboard, applied texture paste through a stencil and attached a small cluster.
On the left, another snippet this time a single ply of one of the serviettes, stitched down the middle and then gathered up and attached to map paper I glued down.  A pocket and tag complete this page. On the right hand page you can see pattern paper that I attached, then applied a texture paste. The piece with the paper buttons opens up to place a saying, a small photo, a piece of memorabilia.
The back page was another single ply of a serviette and a card that was included in the package.  Kept this page simple as it will get a lot of use during opening and closing.
What can Jo use this journal for? It can be used to attach photos, lists of books read, places been etc., favourite sayings, recording memories or future plans - the list is endless.
It has been a great project to work on over lockdown and it has given me more ideas for journals of any type to come. 
Thank you for looking,  Margaret



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge