Time take to enjoy the small moments

Here is a layout I have completed for an October challenge at Paper Issues (Friends and Fans) facebook page.  The challenge is all about the colour black. Stick with an all black palette while minimizing other colours.

Black is associated with power, fear, mystery, strength, authority, elegance, death, aggression, rebellion and sophistication.  

I took this photo of a leaf with raindrops several weeks ago as I walked to my car.   Take time to enjoy the small moments - that inspire or take your breath away.

Onto my black textured cardstock I used Heavy Black Gesso through a stencil and roughed it up with my palette knive to give it more texture.   I finished the layout with a chipboard 'moments" that I coloured with black ink and then applied Glossy Accents over it.  The added addition of some black rhinestones provided the sparkle I was looking for.

I have kept the layout simple as the photograph to me is the 'star'.

Now, what did I learn about this layout - it is hard to photograph a black layout!!!  I even googled to see if I could get any tips - well they did not work!!! 

Thank you for looking, take time to enjoy the small wonders whatever they may be.

Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge