Australian Emu layout

Yes, that heat I wrote about yesterday is still with us and today there are strong winds forecast as well - just starting to get them. Just heard sirens, hope it is not fire as it is perfect conditions for bush fires.
Here is a layout I have created for a challenge over at Paper Issues - the challenge, called Creature Feature, was to use a pet or animal on a layout. I have no pets, so  chose this photo of an Emu taken in Central Australia 2 years ago.
This layout uses all Kaszazz product - paper from Australian collection, stamps from Flora and Fauna collection, die and stamp from Nature Lover collection and the fabulous chipboard leaves, that I love.  Archival Ink in Coffee, Leaf Green and Jet Black complete the layout - oh forgot about the scrap of blue paper from Distress Surfaces that I used.
I want to recognise the inspiration for the stamping of the emus was a fellow Kaszazz consultant Yuna.
Now, as I was outside taking the photo of my layout - looked up and saw these clouds - formed by the wind.
I went to the front and took that photo looking over the road.
Thank you for looking, Margaret

Found this quote:
“Emus are little more than feathered stomachs borne on mighty legs and ruled by a tiny brain. If an emu wants one of your sandwiches, he will get it, and then run away. He cannot help you with your sudoku.”
Richard Fortey, Horseshoe Crabs and Velvet Worms: The Story of the Animals and Plants That Time Has Left Behind

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge