I'm excited

It is 12.32am here on East Coast of New South Wales and later today I will be leading a workshop with some local ladies on the Central Coast.  They will be creating a mixed media collage/abstract art canvas.  More on that later in another post.  Here are some of the items I have prepared for them..

                                                     

For each participant I created this little folder of goodies and a name tag.  Each person was asked their favourite colour and I have prepared a kit for them in that colour.  Each kit contains papers (including some tea dyed papers I made), fabric and lace pieces, bits and pieces.
Inside also includes a small vellum envelope I madethat holds the lace and smaller surprise items.
The back holds more 'yumminess". The folder is held together with a tea dyed torn calico tie.
The folders grouped together.
I also made them each a small notebook so they could make notes during the workshop.  To create the covers I made two masterboards of collage and then cut down to cover each little book.
This one is a favourite and I am keeping it for myself! 
These are the 2 masterboards I created - more on how I did these in another post. 
I will say I am finding collage/abstract art a joy and I try to do a small piece each day - there are so many wonders to discover.
Thank you for looking.   Margaret
Trivia: Did you know that Picasso was the first artist to use collage with oil paintings.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge