Artist Soul Retreat with Laly Mille Day 2

Day 2 - Let's get painting!  Abstract painting, having fun painting.   We were to use the mood board we created on Day 1 to start the abstract painting process. Here is what I came up with and it is another longish post

A set of 4 5" x 5" art pieces using watercolour paper.   I cut my paper from a 12" x 12" sheet so I had 4 2" strips left over - okay, Margaret use them as well today and here they are: 
And here are all 8 pieces close up 

I will admit I started with the smaller pieces first
I have used Tim Holtz Idea-ology Quote Chips for the words I have used - I selected ones that I thought matched my process on Day 2
My mood board was the starting point - the finished result was a learning opportunity and I did have fun!  Laly's video was full of ideas that helped me to make these pieces.  There not perfect but hey that was not what I set out to achieve - I love the finished results.
Thank you for looking,  and here is a quote that Laly shared with us today.   On to Day 3 ...... Margaret 

As an aside, today my sister and I had lunch at a local Chinese Restaurant and inside my Fortune Cookie this "Now is a good time to start something new."  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge