Retro TV Challenge - Friends

 Here is my layout for Week 5 - Friends challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks. 

Here is the inspiration for this challenge

Now a confession - I have never watched an episode of Friends!  True.  My memories of Friends was visiting the set on a tour of Warner studios in Los Angeles a few years ago where we were given secrets to how they filmed the coffee shop. 
In a recent post I wrote of when I first met my friend Reta from USA. This photo was taken when she visited with me in Sydney in 1995 and we got together with other friends that we made on our European tour in October 1990.   Reta passed away on 23 February this year aged 99.  A wonderful Southern lady that I will miss but will be forever in my heart.
I again raided my stash for papers to use, found some Stampin' Up! 6" squares that I felt met the criteria for rainbow and some gold glitter paper.  The heart I popped under the wood veneer Sydney Harbour Bridge (The bridge is in the background of my photo).  The required item was a little more difficult - coffee cup was appropriate for the occasion so I went in search of champagne glass stamp, as I recently sold the set of stamps that had a champagne glass in it - could not find a die or anything resembling a glass in my stash and then a light bulb moment - I had a card that I had made with the champagne glass on it - bonus it was also close to the same colour green - so cut it out together with the greeting and it was perfect! Of course, there was a champagne glass chipboard in the kit - which I did not see until after I finished my layout!! I then put some small gems onto the class to highlight the bubbles. Journaling to be added.
Thank you for looking and hope you are doin' great, Margaret

“How you doin’?” must be the three words that sum up 1990s era TV the most. Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc), the affable Casanova with a heart of gold behind that famous line.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge