Calvinball 2019 Day 5

Here is my layout for Day 5:
The rules for Day 5:
  • Use a sketch.  I found a single layout I like at organized and creative mom. Thank you for your inspiration Noreen.   I have left thanks on your blog.
  •   This sketch was the inspiration.
  • Use the word 'happy'
  • Use washi tape (spot under the top border)
  • Use watercolour.  I have used a technique I recently used on cards - white embossed with Peony stamp, distress oxides applied and then watercoloured with waterbrush.   I was showing some friends my cards - and they loved the technique but how could we use it for scrapbooking - this is what I have come up with it.  That border was a perfect way to incorporate it!  I will show them this week.   I can see a workshop coming up!
  • Use the colour purple.  Sounded fair enough - complete layout and I will find photos this morning!   
  • Use a button
  • Use ribbon
From previous days rules and it is okay to use these while they are still current:
  • Heart
  • Bling
  • Something old from your stash.  That 'laugh' bling has been with me for years - it says 'Michaels' we do not have a Michaels here in Australia so I probably picked it up years ago on one of my visits to the US.  It has stared at me for years as I pass it sitting in a basket on my way into my lounge from the garage! 
What I have learned from this challenge:
  • I have no suitable photos in my considerable number of them for this layout!  I think a visit to a lavender farm is in order!  I am heading to Canberra, ACT shortly and google has told me there is a lavender farm not far from there - guess where I am heading!
  • I have more portrait orientation photos than landscape.  Message to self - take more landscape photos - that lavender farm is looking good!
The papers, happy die cut and Oxide Inks are available from Kaszazz everything else from my stash.
Thank you for looking, 
Margaret

Comments

Jill W. said…
Such a pretty layout and it sounds like you have wonderful plans for future pictures, have fun at the lavender farm. I enjoyed "hearing" your thought process while you are creating.
Happy Scrappin,
~Jill

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge