A little bit of fun and getting messy - Splat!!!

At the recent scrapbooking retreat I was at the theme was Music and on the Saturday night it was dress up in a musical theme.
From left here we are as Bob Marley (Jane created a fake cigarette from rolled up paper), Yellow Wiggle and I am Julie Andrews and I did a play on the Sound of Music song "These are a few of my favourite things." And of course, I sang it with actions prancing around the room - the basket I am holding is full of my favourite things that I sang about:

Splotches on pages and washi tape everywhere
Bright coloured markers and warm coloured paper
Brown paper packages tied up with twine
These are a FEW of my favourite things

Cream colored flowers and
Distress inks and glitter on pages
Wild ideas that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a FEW of my favourite things
Layouts with ‘sparkle’ and ‘wow’
Snowflakes that stay on my floor and my table
Silver white glitter that goes everywhere
These are a FEW of my favourite things

When the mojo has gone
When the block starts
When I'm feeling ‘what will I do’
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I don't feel so bad
 
Repeat, repeat and repeat!!!

My costume well it took some people a long time to 'connect' it but as soon as I started singing - of course.  I know in the movie she is not wearing a dressing gown but I can tell you it was so cold that I linked the curtain experience in the movie to my costume and there was no way I was taking my shoes off!!!
The splats, of course, are distress stains - love that they add a fun element to the page.
Thanks for looking, off to play with a few of my favourite things.   Margaret :)

Comments

Leslie Germain said…
Margaret, this layout is FABULOUS!!! LOVE LOVE the colors. Perfect design with that fun picture!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Swap Cards