Cards, cards, cards.

I have been busy designing cards for classes I have been leading at two community groups over the past two weeks.   Here are just a sample of some of the cards created. Several of the ladies in one of the groups are elderly and have trouble with their hands so I kept the cards quite simple - I pre-cut the shapes prior to the class.
These cards are an adaptation of cards in previous post - I substituted the Impasto (as it would take too long to dry in a 2 hour time-frame) and went with random misting and misting using Stampin'Up! (SU)  stencils - stars and stripes.  The stars I die cut from Sizzix Framelits and the squares from Spellbinders Nestabilities.  This card was one of many made by participants in one of the classes for donation to Australian Troops overseas.
This card design is an adaption of technique called 'pressed flower' that I found whilst blog surfing one wet afternoon.   It is great as it can use scraps of paper.   Another card heading to Australian Troops overseas.
I love this happy card - it is so colourful and fun. It uses SU stamp set called Flamingo Lingo.  SU is donating $3 AUD from every set sold to Ronald McDonald House.  This fits within my ethos of helping others so I was happy to purchase it. The greeting - happy birthday - is not in the set, however the set has several other greetings that you can use.
All the cards I have shown above are relatively easy to make up.  These cards take a little more time consuming but the result "awesome"!  When I was at Scrapbook Mega Meet in Detroit in May this year I was able to take some classes with Emma Lou Beechy, Creative Director for Heartfelt Creations. These cards are inspired by the cards I made in that class and using their stamps and dies that of course I purchased after the class. 
The cards use Heartfelt Creations stamps - Sun Kissed Fleur Background PreCut Set Striped Sun and Kissed Fleur PreCut Set and the co-ordinating Sunkissed Fleur Die.  For inks I used Quick Quotes chalking inks in Tahiti, Mixed Berry, Biscotti and Bloody Mary (don't you just love those names) and of course I purchased them at the Mega Meet as well. Close up of the card below.
A definite WOW moment with these and thank you so much Emma Lou for your awesomeness.
Here is a photo of me with Emma Lou at the convention :

Thank you for looking and have a great weekend.   Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge