Please join me on my papercrafting journey.
Margaret
A card from Missouri
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Look what was in my mail today - a handmade card from Tracey in Missouri, USA. Thank you so much. I hope that my readers enjoy looking at it as much as I do.
Wow, Batman - two posts in one day!!! Yes, that is true......this time I was inspired by a challenge over at ARTtastic Challenge to be inspired by the photo of the children dressed as Batman and Robin below. I have just looked at it more closely and it is street art by Fintan Magee - amazing! I have always been a movie fan and my favourite trivia questions are Movies and TV, so I was like a bat in a batmobile when I toured Warner Bros. Studios last May. Pure Hollywood!! Perfect for this challenge. The cardstock is from Stampin'Up! (r) and the word and film embellishments are from Paper Loft Accessory Sheet called Shades of Gray. I love the "Be" words and they sum me up perfectly. Die cut stars and a bit of bling rhinestones complete the page. One of my favourite quotes that I have loved and lived by for many many years is: Whatever you are--be that: Whatever you say--be true: Straightforwardly act-- Be honest--in fact, Be nobody else but you ...
This weekend I am participating in an "at-home" retreat on their Facebook page. They have several challenges that you can complete and some Bingo games. Here is my layout for the Challenge 2. The photographs were taken at a restaurant/beer hall in The Vienna Woods - I naively thought we were headed to a forest!!! Am sure there were woods somewhere close but we did not see them, it was night as we headed out of Vienna into what seemed just like an outer suburb. There was this accordion player who played for our group - all night - he was a character. I loved his playing and got into the spirit of the evening - singing along and providing some antics - I am not sure what song he was playing but it had a great beat and just called for some fun times. My title - I do not drink alcohol what you see is a glass of Diet Coke. As my sister, says "it is only Diet Coke - imagine if she did drink alcohol!!" Back to the layout - we were required to d...
This past weekend I was on a scrapbooking retreat and I managed to complete several pages - I will be sharing with you however some were for individual challenges and so I am posting them first. This layout was for a challenge over at ARTastic Challenge Blog and their challenge criteria was Vintage style. At little about the photo. It is a photo of my grandfather, who we called Pop. It shows him in his garden beside some climbing roses. It is how I remember him - he always had his pipe, his braces and mostly wore his slippers. He came from County Derry, Ireland in 1900 and he never lost his Irish accent on certain words. This layout started completely different, I had plans to use a photo of the seaside, but when I found this photo I knew that I had to use it. It seems strange using pink on a masculine page, don't you think, however the pink climbing roses dictated the colour scheme. I made the tags, the large pink flower and the fl...
Comments