Retro TV challenge - Happy Days

Week 8 and the final challenge for Retro TV Challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks...Happy Days. Here is my layout 

and here is the criteria 
The photo is of my great-nephew taken recently.  I love this photo and just had to create a layout to celebrate him.  He turned 4 this month and is growing quickly into a bright and happy person. Let me you of the requirements for this last challenge and what I did to complete the layout.
  • Colour palette - Denim and Silver.  I purchased some denim jeans from a local op shop (about 1 year ago) planning to repurpose them and create bags, cushions etc - alas that has not happened yet.  However, I thought - why not repurpose on the layout. I decided to cut the bottom off one of the legs of to use and when I did that I found out that they had been hemmed up several times - check out the photo above - there was also a staple that someone used for what was probably a quick fix!  Reading more into this than I should, it reminded me of my great-nephew and how tall he is growing (not a surprise given that his mother and my brother (his grandfather) are both tall). Ironically 4 folds there! I cut off one of the pockets and loop to use on the journaling tag. I found the idea to use the pocket when something similar popped up on my Pinterest - sorry I could not find the person who inspired me, so a thank you anyway) I also found some paper with a silver design on it, silver paper and a denim cardstock in my stash that I used.
  • Masculine layout - tick 
  • Paper tearing - I tore some of the silver paper that I had used for the matting of the photo and placed them around the edge of denim I used.
  • Bonus kit item -  chipboard cog.   I embossed the cogs with silver embossing powder and added some additional silver brads that I found in that stash of mine again. 
One more photograph to show you the silver cardstock and silver that I used for the matting and on the edge of my layout.
Thank you for looking and I had fun doing all 8 Retro TV challenged and I must admit that they definitely challenged me sometimes - often requiring a complete change to what I originally planned. 
As Fonzie would say "hey" and I second that and would say "Hey and that is creativity".
Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge