What do I want to say about this photo?

This is a layout inspired by one in Ali Edwards book "A designer's eye".  It was published by Creating Keepsakes in 2006.   It remains one of my go to books when looking for inspiration and it is still relevant today.   Her challenge on page 147 was to use 7 different prints on your layout - now anyone who can count can see that I have only used 3 different prints - but can you see that I did 7 strips of these old Stampin' Up! designer series papers.  The layout also had the photo/journaling block on it and this is what originally drew me to the layout design.   I placed my journaling on gold cardstock.
Due to gold and light strobing my journaling shows does not show up clearly - so here it is:
"What do I want to say about this photo?"
This photo was taken at my Uncle Bob and Aunty Marie's 60th wedding anniversary on 20th October, 2013.  It was a surprise celebration organized by my cousins, their daughters Julie and Sandra.
A highlight was when they opened this card signed by Queen Elizabeth congratulating htem on their anniversary.  It was truly a surprise organised for them to get this card.  It shows them holding the card - Love the hands.
I was their flowergirl all those years ago - and have always been introduced as 'our little flowergirl' even on this day! Uncle Bob was my mother's youngest brother.  He is the last surviving child of 7 children."
The little tag bottom left says "What I love is near at hand" - T Roethke.  I found it in my stash and it just seemed appropriate. 
Thanks for looking, Margaret :)


Comments

Leslie Germain said…
Well, I love the different prints that mixed!! They blend so well I couldn't even tell at first!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge