Easter at home.


Scrap Girls is having an Easter At Home Retreat on Facebook - all the fun of a retreat in your own home!  A Tic Tac Toe is the first challenge.   Here is my layout.  My sister was nominated for a Lifeline Central Coast Steel Magnolia award this year - she is in the middle of the photo below.  The award is made to a woman who has overcome adversity and has significantly contributed to the community. She did not win the overall award however the recognition of her nomination is proof enough of her good works.

I have used Kaisercraft Tea Break Collection (rather appropriate as photos were taken at an afternoon tea); Kaisercraft Bubbles template; Studio 490 metallic gold embossing paste; Stampin'Up! buttons. Now a blast from the past I coloured the circles and edge of background paper with CHALK - yes, I still have that old standby from when I first started scrapbooking and cardmaking.
Here is a close up of the embossing paste.  It is a wet Good Friday here on the Central Coast, so rather than let the paste dry naturally, I took my heat gun to it and you know I loved the final result as it bubbled up and gave more a of shine to the circles.
Now can you guess what Tic Tac Toe I choose?   That's right circles, patterned paper and buttons.
"Here's CHALLENGE ONE!!! 

We'll start you off with an easy one so nooooobody panic. You have until midnight Friday 10 April to upload your layout in the comments below. 

At Scrap Girls Retreats we don't judge you. Every entry for Challenge 1 will go into the draw for a Happy Scrap girls prize!"Thank you for looking, I am going to have a go over this weekend with their other challenges.   Margaret :)

Comments

Leslie Germain said…
Pretty layout! LOVE all the layered circles and the gold embossing paste!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge