Greenfield Village, Dearborn, MI

I am near to finishing layouts of my photos from my holiday (vacation) in USA last year.  Today is bought to you by Greenfield Village, Dearborn, Michigan.  The village is part of the Henry Ford Museum complex and it's catchphrase is 300 years of America everywhere you turn.  A great place to visit.
I had paper, Tim Holtz stamps Life's Possibilities, Tea Dye Distress Ink,  Kaisercraft clock template on my table after finishing other projects recently.  I then raided my stash to find other vintage type embellishments - an old round tab that I distressed/added clockface stamp, some wire, Tim Holtz (TH) idea-ology salvage stickers and from the depths of one drawer TH idea-ology tokens! Oh and one black brad that will surely reduce my stock!!!!  Some of the detail is below.
 
Now my inspiration started with this sketch from The Memory Nest Make it Monday No.36.
                                                  
I wanted the photos to be horizontal and I knew I wanted the horse and cart as it had the name "Greenfield Village" on it. I think in the end I varied off from the sketch, but it was my starting point.   I think this is what sketches are all about - to get you started and to get your creative juices flowing.  I have just made it in time for this sketch, it finishes tomorrow!
Why not head over to The Memory Nest and look out for the challenges coming up in April.
Thanks for looking.    Margaret :)
 
                    

Comments

Marci said…
That looks like a fun place! And worked nicel with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at THE MEMORY NEST!
Jane said…
Super page. Loving all the vintage looking papers and embellishments you picked to complement your photos. Thanks for sharing at The Memory Nest.
Leslie Germain said…
I LOVE the way you used the sketch Margaret!! Beautiful neutrals and pictures!! And love the stamping. thanks for playing along!!
Love how you used the sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Memory Nest.
Sherri Caramico said…
Hi Margaret - great take on the sketch! LOVE the vintage feel in your papers and embellies! They really compliment the photos and make them pop! Thanks for playing along at TMN!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge