Layout remake

It is a wet and miserable day here on the Central Coast today - a good day to stay inside and get a bit of scrapbooking done.  I went over to my sister's - she only lives 3 minutes away in the next suburb - and we did some scrapbooking.   Anyway, as we were searching her stash for papers, embellishments etc she found this layout that she completed last year and she did not like and did not want to put it in an album.  I said "if you like I can take it and work on it for you."  So she agreed and I took it home to my stash.
My first reaction was that the photos are in the Andy Warhol style and they needed bright colours to make the photo 'pop'.   Andy Warhol (6/8/28 to 22/2/87) was an American artist who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art - thanks to Wikipedia for that information. I finished it off with a quote by Warhol, "the world fascinates me".  I hope she likes the final result.
I have been lucky enough to see some of Warhol's work in the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York - it was fascinating to see his Campbell soup and Marilyn Munroe works of art.
Thank you for 'popping' in and checking out my work.   Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge