Congratulations Heather

My second layout as April guest designer at The Memory Nest.  Here is the sketch for Make it Monday 38:
Click for Optionsand here is my clean and simple layout:
I have used Stampin'Up! (r) designer series paper called Park Lane.  I chose these papers as they closely matched the patterns in the dresses we were wearing.  I did not want a layout that was predominately black as this was a happy occasion and I hope I have captured that with the papers I did select. I have edged the papers in SU Blackberry Bliss for a little more definition..  The glitter chipboard stickers are from Recollections - which has the motto - capturing special memories - so true for this layout.
Here is a close up of the journaling that I did on the layout about my sister, Heather (on right) being nominated for this award.  Congratulations Heather.
Thank you for looking, and thank you to The Memory Nest for the opportunity to be a guest designer this month. Why not head over there and do the challenges this month.   Margaret :)

Comments

Sherri Caramico said…
Hi Margaret! What a great submission for the guest spot on The Memory Nest Design Team. Your layout is the perfect way to capture your sister's recognition and wonderful achievements to overcome some very difficult obstacles. Love how you used the patterned paper to pick up the patterns in your dresses! Cool idea! The bright sunny base color really does make this a very HAPPY page!
Jane said…
Love the clean simple look of this page allowing the photos and journalling to take precedence. Your sister is a star!
Crafty Cucumber said…
What a beautiful and heartfelt page. A truly wonderful page to celebrate all your sister has accomplished and overcome. Beautiful.
Leslie Germain said…
Margaret, such a fabulous page about your sister!! I love how you did the journaling and used the sketch to create this bright cheery page. It has been a pleasure to have you as a DT member. Hope to work with you again in the future!!! xo
Jo P said…
Lovely photo's of the two of you and wonderful words about your sister!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge